Episode 7: All good things must come to an end

 Well... we've made it to the end.

I have really enjoyed sharing my thoughts and experiences over the last few months.

I didn't expect to do so much reflecting and form an attachment to Reddit, but here we are. I mentioned earlier in the semester that I had just decided to take a break from social media. So imagine my surprise when I realized I would need to reactivate some of my social media accounts. 

I wasn't sure what it would look like, but honestly, I loved learning how to better use some of my favorite platforms and being introduced to others I hadn't heard of. 

One of my takeaways is that it's okay to step away from social media. Life keeps us busy, and it's completely healthy to step away and detox. I realized that I needed to distinguish what I was using my platforms for. Was it to engage, socialize, or just observe? As I started to think more critically about it, I became happier with my experience.

It wasn't until a few weeks in that the light bulb clicked, and I came to understand that there are differences in how we engage with social platforms. Whether it's for consuming information or participating in a learning community. 

So while this course is coming to an end, there are still some lingering thoughts that I'm sure will stick around. I'll be using some of the resources I shared more intentionally and, of course, cooking it up in the kitchen. 

Thank you for following along and for listening to a potato's story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 1: The potato and Reddit

Pilot: A Potato Story

Is Social Media Addictive?